Lab Technician (Chemicals & Minerals)
|Experience:||Min 2 years|
|Reports to:||QC Manager|
Assists the Lab Chemist & Quality Control Manager & Supervisors in performing routine laboratory drilling fluids checks, including chemical and physical analysis running tests or troubleshooting processes or procedures in support of R&D, QA/QC, Manufacturing, Technical Support.
QA/QC of various minerals surface minerals such as Silica, Bentonite, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Iron Oxide, Garnet, Grit and drilling fluid chemicals such as Barite, Potassium Chloride, Polymer, Lubricant, Starch, Etc…)
- Able to mix and prepare Lab Reagents solutions in different concentrations
- Able to elaborate and update MSDS and Product Data sheet for all the lab products.
- Able to maintain and Calibrate lab testing equipment’s
- Corrosion test
- Update Inventory for equipment’s and Lab Reagents
- Ability to test and submit results to the lab Chemist for interpretation.
- Ability to follow HSE Standards and laboratory Safety Rules
- Hot Rolling ageing Test
- Sag testing
- Able to Operate PPA, HPHT, PSD
- Tender formulations in order to measure mud properties in different conditions of temperature and pressure such as Viscosity, Mud Weight, pH, Yield Point, Electrical Stability,…..etc.
- API & HPHT Filter Press
- March Funnel for Viscosity & Mud Balance.
- Bulk Hardness Testers, pH meters, Retorts
- Malvern Mastersizer and Cilas Particle size analyzers
Work Experience Requirements
- Min 3 years experience in Lab
- B.Sc. Chemistry or equivalent
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Computer skills required.
We preferably accepting applications from above mentioned candidates.